The ‘ILS’ (International Life Saving) Ski is primarily used for the sport of Surf Life Saving. Although not as fast as the Long Distance Ocean Ski, it is still used by many paddlers for Long Distance events. In fact, the Molokai record still stands on a ‘ILS’ Ski.
The Icon ILS skis have a proven track record. Raced by Dan Humble and Emily Corin, they have won multiple international and domestic titles at World, European, Australian and British level.
Icon ‘Hydrus’ Surf Skis: ‘GT’ and ‘Elite’ designs
Icon Hydrus Elite. This ski is an upgrade of our 2015 European winning design. Key changes are:
- Greater nose lift for smashing through the surf without affecting its already impressive flat water speed.
- Deeper seat for improved stability whilst maintaining optimum paddling position
Icon Hydrus GT. Perfect for the less stable paddler.
For years manufactures have expected everyone to paddle a top end ‘elite’ ski. Icon has solved this problem by designing a more stable ski for the less competitive paddler. Although the ‘Elite’ ski is designed for top end speed, you may be faster on the ‘GT’, due to being more stable and having a more efficient technique. In fact the GT model has taken many British titles over the last few years! Key features are:
- Same length as elite model
- Hull designed for greater stability
- Enables a more powerful and technically efficient paddling stroke
- Easier and more forgiving to handle in the surf
Both skis are designed to ILS criteria.
- Weight: minimum 18kg.
- Length: maximum 5.79m.
- Width: minimum width at widest point of hull is 480mm.
- All foot straps MUST incorporate an approved centre release system.
Custom Made To Measure Ski:
- New foot well design for optimum leg drive.
- Made to measure by sitting the paddler in our measuring jig to ensure optimum position.
- Leg measurements can be sent to us and we can calculate the correct leg length for you.
Adjustable Leg Length Ski:
- Ideal choice as a club ski or for the paddler who is still growing.
- Easy adjustable system – no tools needed.
- Adjustment up to 6.5 inches in leg length.
- Standard construction is an all glass laminate.
- For higher performance carbon / carbon kevlar construction available.
- Laminate construction may change as manufacturer sees fit.
The price indicated is for our standard artwork that allows you to have up to three different colours. This would be a single colour hull, single colour deck and a single colour seam. If you would like multiple colours on the deck or hull the price increases due to the added production time involved. Additional colours are £45 each. Complex artwork requests may incur a further cost increase. We will work with you to discuss best options.
Other artwork options available are:
- Transfers applied after ski has been made (price on application).
- Sprayed artwork after ski has been made (price on application).
- SEE EXAMPLES ON GALLERY.